***UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED BELOW, AYBA WILL BE GOVERENED BY THE MIAA HIGH SCHOOL RULES***
- Only the Head Coach and two Assistant Coaches are allowed on the bench. All Coaches MUST be CORI’d. NO COACH IS ALLOWED TO INTERACT WITH PLAYERS WITHOUT FIRST BEING CORI’D AND APPROVED.
- All Coaches must adhere to Code of Conduct rules. Failure to do so could result in dismissal from the League.
- All Coaches must give players equal playing time.
- We ask Coaches with larger leads to back off pressing, shooting threes and behavior in a mocking fashion.
- Two 20-minute halves – running time. Stoppages on referees’ whistle during the last two (2) minutes of the first half and the last two (2) minutes of the second half. Overtime stoppages will be the last 30 seconds.
- Overtime will be two (2) minutes long.
- No game will end in a tie.
- Substitutions every 5 minutes. Player must be in front of the scores table on one knee.
- Note: Free substitutions are allowed throughout the game provided the coaches/officials discuss before start of game.
- If playing time issues are observed, coaches with teams of less than 10 players will need to use the “number system” to substitute players.
- Coaches will be given three (3) time outs per game. Maximum of two (2) can be used in one half. If a Coach calls a time out without having one, a technical foul will be assessed.
- One (1) additional time out will be given for each overtime.
- Teams can only play man-to-man (NO ZONE DEFENSE).
- Teams can press the last two (2) minutes of the half and game unless they are leading by 15 points or more.
- Players will shoot the bonus (“1 and 1” foul shot) on the 7th team foul and the double bonus (“two shots”) on the 10th team foul in a half. Overtime periods are considered a continuation of the second half for the purpose of foul accumulation (i.e. total fouls carry over from the second half to overtime).
- Fouls missed on a three-point attempt are awarded three (3) free throws.
- Player technical fouls are counted as a personal foul and a team foul.
- Any player receiving two (2) technical fouls in a game or who is ejected from a game will not be able to participate in the following week’s practice or game.
- Any Coach receiving a technical foul must sit for the remainder of the game.
- If a coach receives a technical during the game he/she and assistant must coach seated at the bench for the rest of that game. An ejection from a game (FIRST OFFENSE) because of two technical fouls on a player or coach will result in the ejection from the game & gym but also carries a one game suspension for the next game. A second ejection offense during the year will result in ejection from the game, gym and a two-game suspension. A third offense will result in suspension from the league. Referees will report ALL Technical Fouls given out each week and throughout the year to the Board of Directors for review on a weekly basis to ensure the Code of Conduct is being adhered to. Each case will be reviewed individually. AYBA can suspend a coach or player for the next scheduled game(s) if it sees fit.
BOTH COACHES SHOULD REVIEW THE RULES WITH THE OFFICIALS BEFORE THE START OF EACH GAME. NO CHANGING OF THE ABOVE RULES. THE OFFICIALS’ RULING IS FINAL.
HAVE A GREAT SEASON!