Attleboro competes in the Metrowest Basketball League, Massachusetts' largest travel basketball organization. Travel basketball is known to have a higher level of competitiveness than recreational basketball. Any players considering making the jump to a traveling team should be made aware of the following:
A larger financial commitment in addition to recreation league fees.
A larger time commitment. Expect two nights per week for practice, and games on weekends and the occasional weekday.
The expectation that Metrowest Travel is the highest priority sport and team during the Metrowest Travel season. All other sports and basketball leagues must be secondary to Metrowest Travel commitments.
The Attleboro Metrowest travel teams and rec leagues are limited to Attleboro residents only. Non-Attleboro residents are not allowed to tryout or play for the AYBA teams. Proof of residency will sometimes be requested for players to ensure compliance with these standards.
- For boys and girls grades 4-8 (Note: *3rd graders are welcome to try out for 4th grade Metrowest teams).
- Metrowest basketball is highly competitive and plays in a travel league of over 100 towns in Eastern Massachusetts. These teams are for more advanced players and require tryouts to make a team.
- Practices are two days during the week (typically Wed & Thu) beginning the first week of November.
- Optional practices will be in October (dates/times TBD).
- Games are on Sundays likely beginning typically first week in December and continuing with playoffs until mid-March.
- Metrowest tryouts are typically at the end of September for both boys and girls. Players will need to attend both days.
- Rec and Metro leagues are structured so players can play in both without practice/game conflicts.
- No fee to register for tryouts; once selected to a team, the fee is $295
-All dates will be announced in late August.
The Metrowest Travel Basketball season is just around the corner! For anyone interested in being a volunteer head coach for any boys or girls travel team grades 4-8, you will need to complete a head coaching application form. This is for any prospective head coach or head coaches from this past season. Our process is to objectively view all applicants each year. Please visit https://www.bluepridebasketball.com/coachregistration to download the coaching application form. All applications must be submitted after Labor Day each year (September 5, 2023 this year).
Cost Per Player: $295
Questions about AYBA Metrowest Travel Basketball? Check out our FAQ's or Contact our Metrowest Director by clicking below.
Vice President & Metrowest Travel Director
Girls Basketball Clinic by Stonehill Women's Basketball at AHS
Interested in becoming a sponsor of ATTLEBORO YOUTH BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION?